IMPORTANT NUMBERS TO KNOW
Important Contact Information:
First Student: 630.964.2500
- If the bus is running more than 10 minutes late to your child’s stop, please call the bus company.
- You will need to provide First Student with the school and also the bus number so they can contact the driver.
John Hamilton 630-368-4556 (school), (847) 894-4087 (cell); firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions or concerns about the route, the bus driver, or an incident on the bus, please contact me.
For questions regarding route pick up and/or drop off times and immediate updates pertaining to dispatch – please use First Student as your first point of contact. They will be able to relay real-time route information.
For other questions and concerns, please contact John Hamilton.
Butler School District 53 is committed to providing safe and efficient school bus transportation to its students. We want to emphasize that safety is our number one priority. Bus transportation is available for students in accordance with state and district guidelines. Families will be notified of bus routes and pick-up times in mid-August. Bus-riding students are expected to ride their assigned bus to and from school. The school and bus driver will not release children to a neighbors or friends home, or any other bus stop, unless written permission is given in advance for a special circumstance.
STUDENT: BUS BEHAVIOR
Parents/guardians are asked to discuss positive bus behaviors with their child(ren) and report any concerns to the school promptly. The driver will notify the principal of any violation of the rules. Offending students may be forbidden to ride the bus. To ensure safety, cooperation from all stakeholders is needed. All students riding the school bus must comply with the following rules of conduct:
- Students must enter the bus quietly in a single line, without pushing and take their seats. If a student has been assigned a particular seat, he/she must take that seat
- Pushing, tripping, fighting, or loud and unnecessary noises are not permitted
- Any student using an electronic device must wear headphones or silence the device
- Students are not to unfasten any required restraints while the bus is in motion
- Inappropriate or profane language is prohibited at all times
- Students are not to lean out of the bus windows or call out to passers-by
- Students are not to throw objects at any time
- Eating, drinking, or chewing gum on the bus is not permitted
- Verbal abuse or disobedience to school personnel or the bus driver will not be permitted
- Students are expected to follow all school rules while on the bus
- Students also must comply with Board policy 7:190, Student Behavior, while on the bus.
Students riding the bus are under the supervision of the bus driver. In most cases, bus discipline problems can be handled by the driver. In the case of a written disciplinary referral, student bus conduct will be investigated and addressed by the building principal and/or another administrator.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact John Hamilton.