Procedures for Virtual Meetings
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Illinois Governor’s order suspending the provisions of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (OMA), some meetings may be held virtually or rescheduled. Committee meetings on the calendar may also be held virtually or rescheduled. While it is a regular practice to record the monthly Board of Education meetings, until further notice, the District will begin recording all Committee meetings as well.
Audio of meetings
Illinois Open Meetings Act (OMA) Executive Order
The Board of Education will be in-person. It is encouraged that citizens participate virtually via Zoom as the meeting space accommodates a limited amount of physical presence so that adherence to physical distancing can be accomplished. Safety of our Board Members, administration, staff, and students is our priority. Thank you.
Please use the following meeting link/log-in detail to join a Butler D53 Virtual Meeting
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Mar 13, 2023 06:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Board of Education - Regular Meeting (audio stream only)
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13092053325,,89939615022#,,,,*118585# or +13126266799,,89939615022#,,,,*118585#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 309 205 3325 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 305 224 1968 or +1 669 444 9171 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 689 278 1000 or +1 719 359 4580 or +1 253 205 0468 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 360 209 5623 or +1 386 347 5053 or +1 507 473 4847 or +1 564 217 2000
Webinar ID: 899 3961 5022
International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbh2zHpNC7
Virtual Meeting Norms
- If you are using the link to join the meeting, please sign into the meeting with your first and last name.
- Only those that join with the link will be able to view the screen that is being shared during the meeting. Those joining by "dialing/calling in" may not be able to take advantage of some of the features.
- The host will mute all attendees and turn off cameras.
- Attendees are given the opportunity to speak and address the Board at designated Citizen Comments areas within the agenda.
- Please virtually raise your hand (this option is located at the bottom of the screen) if you would like to make a comment during the designated agenda item in the meeting; wait for the host to unmute you and identify yourself prior to speaking your comment.
- Written correspondence to the Board shall be presented to the Board in the next regular Board packet. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org; or the board's recording secretary email@example.com.
- Policy 2:230 Public Participation at Board of Education Meetings and Petitions to the Board.
- During Regular Board Meetings, the superintendent and board members may leave the open session to go into closed session under announced OMA exceptions. When the closed session is adjourned, the superintendent and board members will return to the open session. Attendees can choose to stay on the entire open session, or leave when the board enters closed session. Please be aware that each closed session length will be different.
- Thank you for your cooperation and participation in this process.